How can Kickstart programme help the care providers?
Care providers have been going through a tough time during the pandemic. Any extra pair of hand would be helpful for the care providers in the day to day running of the operations.
Kickstart scheme is an opportunity to recruit staff for entry-level jobs at no cost to the providers. Some examples of the jobs may look like this:
- Admin support to organise the visiting to care homes such as booking, testing, communicating with relatives.
- Bookkeeping support
- Various admin support
- It should not be used to cover the existing vacancies.
WHAT IS KICKSTART?
- The Government has set up Kickstart - a scheme to fund six-month job placements with employers and prevent a generation being lost to the scarring of long-term joblessness.
- The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new jobs for 16- to 24-year-olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long-term unemployment.
- Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week, for a total of six-months.
- Associated employer National Insurance contributions.
- Minimum automatic enrolment pension contributions.
- Employers can spread the job start dates up until 31 December 2021.
As part of the Kickstart Scheme, employers will receive a grant of £1500 for each individual that is employed.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Care Home Shopping is working in partnership with RDS Consultants to deliver this service FREE of cost to the care providers.
RDS Consultants will submit the Kickstart application on behalf of your business.
If your application is successful, RDS Consultants will provide the mandatory employability training for your employees as well as assigning a mentor to each employee, to support them through this placement. This provision will be charged at £750 + VAT, which will be invoiced upon the start date of placement. (This will be deducted from the initial grant of £1500)
For more information, visit: Kickstart Scheme - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you think you would like to recruit someone for a new role within your care service, please checkout as usual through Care Home Shopping, we will get back in touch with you. There is no commitment to go ahead at this stage. RDS consultants will get in touch with you in 24-48 hours.