Changes in shielding guidance from 1st of August
The guidance for people shielding from COVID19 changed on 31st July 2020.
Key points are as below.
- People can go back to work, but the workplace has to be Covid free but should carry on working from home if it is realistic.
- The employer should support individuals to work safely from home.
- The individual can claim the Access to Work grant for buying specialist equipment.
- Shielded people will not be eligible for Statutory sick pay from 1st August.
- If you have a local lockdown, a shielded person will still be eligible for SSP if not working.
- A shielded person's family will be eligible for annual free flu vaccines.
- A shielded person is allowed to visit shops and supermarkets, should follow social distancing guidelines.
- A shielded person can still be furloughed before October end due to a local lockdown if they were furloughed before.